Friday, January 6, 2012

We will win the battle....

My focus today is going to be on Exodus 17:1-16

In Exodus we read about how Moses and the Israelites are fighting against the Amelekites.  As long as Moses' arms were raised, Isreal prevailed.  When his arms were lowered, they would be overtaken.  Moses' arms eventually got heavy and he couldn't hold them up anymore.  Would the battle be lost?  NO!  Friends stepped in to help!  Aaron and Hur stepped in and help up Moses' hands so that the Israelites received victory!

Much like this story, I have been going through a battle.  My "arms grew weary" and the battle was against me....  but the battle was NOT lost.  I had friends and family that stepped in to help!  They "held my arms up" so that we would prevail!  My war became their war.  The battle was won!  

How did they "hold up my arms?"  Through prayer, encouragement, support, giving food, gift cards, money, taking care of my kids, cleaning my house, etc.  My situation was hopeless in the earthly sense, but "with God all things are possible..."  

I would like to thank EVERYONE who has stepped up to help me during my liver shut down that took months to heal and during my current situation.  Your love, support and generosity amazes me.  I pray overwhelming blessings, blessings that are overflowing that you won't be able to contain them.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the visual! A nice reminder as we are still in the middle of the battle with Amber and I feel like I have lost all control over my life... Gods is hope!

    ReplyDelete